Monday, January 19, 2009

Thing 19: Discovering Web 2.0 tools

Oh my goodness! I never realized how many 2.0 tools there were! I looked at Annette Lamb's Recipes for Success. I have used some (Facebook, LibraryThing, Second Life, Skype, Lookybook, and my favorite citation took, Noodle Tools). I looked at KidderLit and was a little disappointed. I thought it would be great to see some discussion about books but all it really is, is a link to Amazon.com. The tagline on the page is "Twittering the first lines of kids' books so you don't have to!" The problem is that is all you see at first glance along with the targeted age. You don't get to see the title of the book unless you click on the date of the entry. How odd is that? I think it would be a good site to tell teachers and parents about for Readers' Advisory but I wouldn't recommend it until the titles were clearer.

1 comment:

Annette Lamb said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the resources in my online workshop! :-)