Monday, January 19, 2009

Thing 18: web based apps

I love Google Docs! With so many versions of Word available sometimes I can't open up a document on my 5 year old computer.
My son, Caleb, is a budding author. He loves to write stories and has been invited to a Writing Expo in Albuquerque, NM. I don't have all of the details but I think he is given writing prompts and has to create a story in a limited amount of time. To prepare him my husband has been giving him prompts. I love to read Caleb's stories but sometimes it takes some work to convert what he has written to something my computer can open. If Caleb can write his story in Google Docs I would have no problems viewing them.
In terms of the library..I wonder how difficult it would be for job hunters to sent the link to employers so their resume could be viewed???? May save on some frustration when discs or memory sticks fail.

No comments: