Thursday, September 18, 2008

Family time

I flew into Durango, CO this morning. It is great seeing my family. Malachi has homecoming this weekend. I finally had the chance to see him play a football game. Unfortunately, his undefeated team lost tonight. I think I may be bad luck for the guys.
Thanks to everyone that has asked about my mother. She will have surgery sometime in the next couple of weeks to unblock some arteries. Thinking about facing difficult health issues reminded me of Randy Pausch, the author of The last lecture. If you haven't seen it please take a look. It really puts things into perspective. Family is important and how your kids see you react to difficult times will shape how they react to unhappy times.

1 comment:

Melissa Flint said...

Sorry to hear about your mom, Lori. I hope she doesn't get poked much more...I know how terrible that feels. Glad you got to see your kids!